Thursday, January 18, 2007

Thank you very very much


Thanks to those at the Colac office for a new guitar with twang and wow. Something I have never owned, thanks . I have had a pickup for the accoustics and a steel string, but never the great metal kind. Some of the "bad company" i have kept over the years has caused me lose both of the former , so this great gift will give me much enjoyment.
As for "my retirement"-(the idea of slowing down doesn't appeal to me, so its a new phase of following my passions,,, one of which will remain -sustainability science and practice.)

Thank you very much -you are very kind. The gift will cause me to remember you with fondness and appreciation, often.
My apologies for being a pain around the office, from time to time. It's not something you want to do , but like Fluffy in "Happy feet" the desire to dance well is my driver . I hate seeing the waste in my professional area. The noise about it , I sometimes forget, can be intrusive to those of you who are busy playing on more solid ice- you hope ! Now someone else will get an earful
For those of you who still wonder at what I was doing, or not doing, you can find out a bit about it at http://ourland3.tripod.com > The site started around 2000 as a way of providing a more effective form of resistance to growing political ignorance, tokenism and quick fix on the environment. Farmers call it citycentricity , we call it nimbyism and several other terms not ere published.

What we published then was a series of CD's and videos - some of which you recieved yesterday .see more here If you are still wondering what the cards meant you best dial up this site .
Bookmark some sites and join in with your thoughts and questions - everyone has good questions!
Am now looking forward to being able to work more closely also with friends working overseas and on the promotion of more profound delivery methods on development and protection for rural communities and soil and water resources. In between times , I expect to continue working a few days a week work supervising creative projects here . Do drop in and checkout our big boys shed. Its fun fixing things like old furniture , tools and trying to engineer masterpieces

1 Comments:

Blogger journeymanj said...

Just writing a note to Greg Sheehan for the 2013 reunion . Son Daniel comes in playing guitar while he waits for lunch to heat up . Who wooda thought you wood have your children serenade you as he often does on the piano at night - not that you can ask him directly to do it though . Thanks again fellows

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home